1. You will need the latest AeroFS Appliance OVF image or RAW image, which can be obtained via our Private Cloud Administrative Panel.
2. Click Download appliance image to get the latest OVA image file. Click Download your latest license file. You will need this license file later on in the installation process.
3. Launch the downloaded OVA image file using a virtualization software of your choice (see our support platforms document for more information). The screenshot below assumes you are using VirtualBox.
4. Once the launch is complete, you should see the below console screen. Configure your network settings as desired. If you are using Amazon EC2 or OpenStack, configuring your network settings on the console will not be necessary.
5. Point your browser (*Internet Explorer is not supported) to the IP address shown in the AeroFS Appliance console screen. Upload your license file and click Continue.
6. Click Create a New Appliance.
7. Enter a hostname for your appliance (i.e. share.syncfs.com).
8. Make sure that the specified TCP and UDP ports are unblocked and click I've unblocked all port. Continue
9. If you wish to upload your own certificate and key, select the second option to do so. Otherwise click Next.
10. Enter a support email address and click Next.
11. Enter the email address where you would like the SMTP verification code to be sent to and click Send verification code.
12. Open the SMTP verification code email from your inbox (if it's not there, check your spam folders). Copy/paste the verification code into the "Enter test verification code" dialog box and click Verify.
13. You should get a "Test succeeded" message. Click Continue.
14. Click Apply and Finish to complete the setup.
15. Once the countdown from 90 seconds is complete, you should see a message that says "It should be done very shortly".
16. After a few minutes you should see a message that says "The system is ready!". Click Create First User to create an administrator account.
17. Enter the email address for the administrator account.
18. Go to your email inbox and open the "Complete your AeroFS sign up" email and click on the sign up link in the email. Then enter your name and password and click Sign Up
19. You should now be logged into your AeroFS Web Admin Panel. From here you can invite users to your organization.