As of version 0.4.184 the AeroFS Team Server now comes with three storage options. You will be prompted to choose one during set up. It is very important that you choose the one that suits your needs at this stage. Once the storage option is chosen at Setup, you WILL NOT be able to change your mind for the duration of the installation. If you need another type of storage with Team Server, install it fresh on another device, or, Unlink this one from aerofs.com, and reinstall.
First, you will be prompted to choose between On this computer and On Amazon S3.
On this computer > Preserve folder structure
This option creates a readable/writable copy of your team's files on the device where you installed Team Server. This allows complete transparency into the data shared by all the users who are part of your organization, and allows admins to designate which folders to share with users FROM the Team Server device.
Specifically, any admin of a Team Server is able to:
- Monitor individual folders synced by each Team Member in directory AeroFS Team Server Storage/users
- Monitor shared folders between Team Members in the directory AeroFS Team Server/shared
- Designate any folder in the local file system as shared (not only the AeroFS default folder) by right-clicking on the folder name you wish to share.
- Is De-duplicated and compressed to save disk space.
- Benefits from increased privacy - folder and file names are appear as strings of numbers and letters.
- Cannot be extracted on the same device. If you need to access your files stored on Team Server, you can install and launch another Team Server using the default storage option, or view the files by launching a client that is sharing the folder.