Please note: Android release notes may be found in the Android Store.
AeroFS releases prior to Dec 4th are all "Hybrid Cloud" Releases. Post Dec 4th, a new release will be tagged -private for Private Cloud release, and -hybrid for Hybrid Cloud release.
Because we develop software off of a unified code base, a private cloud release will contain features that were applied to a previous hybrid cloud release, and a hybrid cloud release will similarly contain features that were applied to a previous private cloud release. For example, 0.4.253-private (released Dec 6th, is an incremental release over 0.4.251-hybrid and contains all of 0.4.251-hybrid's new features as well)
Current Latest Hybrid: 0.8.32
- Add support for iOS for Hybrid Cloud users
- Security: Fixes related to Heartbleed (CVE-2014-0160)
- OSX: New Tray Icons on Retina displays
- OSX: Removed Java dependancy!
0.8.3-private Feb 11, 2014
- API Released for the Private Cloud
- Auditing Service released for the Private Cloud
0.8.1-hybrid Feb 6, 2014
- Bumping version number to 0.8.x
- Why? You'll see on Feb 11! :-)
0.4.284-private Jan 23, 2014
- iOS Release! See blog post here.
- Allow IP addresses to be used in place of hostname on the web client
0.4.283-hybrid Jan 21, 2014
- New Tray Icon Images on OSX and Windows
0.4.266-hybrid Jan 10, 2014
- Improvements to desktop clients and Team Server stability.
- Improvements in WAN transfer stability.
0.4.260-hybrid Dec 18, 2013
- Add user settings page at https://www.aerofs.com/settings
- Move "my devices" under the user options at aerofs.com
- Remove user first name / last name from Preferences on the AeroFS Client
- added a custom icon for AeroFS in the Finder sidebar
- General network performance improvements (especially for WAN transfers)
- Added activity history and ip logging for a device underhttps://www.aerofs.com/devices
0.4.254-hybrid / 0.4.255-private Dec 11, 2013
- Added a new conflict resolution dialog
- Better unsyncable files dialog for Windows users with illegal file name characters
- Unify terminology within AeroFS (teams are now organizations, members are users)
- Private Cloud -- improvements to the AeroFS Appliance setup UI
0.4.253-private Dec 6, 2013
- Added support for admins to delete users in their teams
0.4.251-hybrid Dec 4, 2013
- Removed the concept of "External Collaborators"
- Improved handling of unsyncable files
0.4.214 Nov 13, 2013
- Added support for ZFS on older Ubuntu (10.04)
- View and manage pending users in the desktop AeroFS UI
- Better support for unsyncable files
- Too many UI/UX improvements to count (links to support articles, dialog tune ups, and improvements)
0.4.213 Oct 8, 2013
- Various new transactional emails:
- Notifications when someone tries to sign up with an existing account
- Notifications when a user accepts your invitation to a shared folder
- Notification when your role in a shared folder has changed
- Various improvements to the "Transfer Diagnostics" dialog
- Improvements to the "Managed Shared Folder" dialog
- Other UI/UX improvements and small improvements on the desktop and Web UI
0.4.212 Oct 1, 2013
- Initial introduction of read-only roles
- Various UI improvements on the web
- Various networking improvements
0.4.211 Sept 26, 2013
- Debian packages are now compressed with bzip2 rather than xz for Ubuntu 10.04 compatibility.
- OSX installs upgrading from 0.4.210 should now pass a codesigning check.
- General network improvements
0.4.210 Sept 09, 2013
- Networking improvements
- OSX Improvements
0.4.209 Aug 28, 2013
- Various GUI improvements
- Minor improvements to Jingle networking transport
0.4.208 Aug 14, 2013
- Minor improvements to networking stack
0.4.207 Aug 7, 2013
- Major overhaul of the networking subsystem. Should result in improved performance in cases of AeroFS syncing behind NATs.
0.4.206 July 31, 2013
- Minor UI improvements and text updates
0.4.205 July 24, 2013
- Minor improvements
0.4.204 July 23, 2013
- General networking improvements
- Improve UAC message in Windows installation process
0.4.203 July 17, 2013
- Minor improvements
0.4.201 July 11, 2013
- Transfer dialog improvements
0.4.200 July 5th, 2013
- Large uploads should be sped up due to better chunking
0.4.199 July 2nd, 2013
- Significant improvements to transfer speeds between clients on a LAN. As much as a 3x speed improvement
- GUI: UI improvements related to displaying error messages
- Various improvements to syncing of files that are constantly updated (e.g. log files)
0.4.198 June 26, 2013
- Improved transfer speed between clients by ~15% by pipelining streams
- Improved transfer speed between clients who use Jingle as a transport
0.4.197 June 24, 2013
- Improvements to AeroFS Relay Server. Users sharing across firewall should see improved performance/syncing
0.4.194 June 18, 2013
- Transfer Dialog improvements
0.4.193 June 12, 2013
- Allow Team Servers to perform an Unlink directly from Native client
0.4.192 June 7, 2013
- Minor improvements to shell extension
- Improved Daemon startup time
- Prevent duplicate scanning of the AeroFS folder on first launch
- Various improvements to the networking code
- GUI: Minor clean up in Sync History dialog
- Abort downloads when the user uses selective-sync to remove a folder
0.4.191 June 5, 2013
- Various networking improvements
0.4.190 June 3, 2013
- Detect missing AeroFS Folder
- Various server-side improvements
0.4.189 May 27, 2013
- Minor improvements to AeroFS Tray Icon
- Improved notifications for file updates
0.4.188 May 22, 2013
- Updated misc support URLs
0.4.187 May 16, 2013
- GUI: users can now disable/enable sync history in their Preferences
- GUI: Minor improvements to transfers dialog (stale data)
- Improvements to SSL handshake speed (reduced timeouts)
0.4.185 May 3, 2013
- Security: Released a new AeroFS CA
- Added connectivity information to the Transfer Dialog
- General minor UI improvements in various dialogs
- Minor networking and connectivity improvements
0.4.184 April 26, 2013
- Improvements to detection of modified files on all platforms
- Full read/write Team Server storage available in new installations
0.4.183 April 24, 2013
- Add tray icon support via libappindicator for Linux (Ubuntu 13.04 requires this)
0.4.182 April 24, 2013
- Team Server improvements
0.4.181 April 23, 2013
- Improvements to aerofs-sh prompt
0.4.180 April 19, 2013
- Team Server optimizations
0.4.179 April 19, 2013
- Decrease network and client thread count
- Decrease linux package size
0.4.178 April 5, 2013
- Unify www.aerofs.com and my.aerofs.com into one website
- Add ongoing transfers dialog to client
0.4.177 April 2, 2013
- GUI client dialog improvements
0.4.176 April 2, 2013
- Add option to disable history for block storage in Team Server
- Performance improvements to network subsystem
- UI improvements for the web interface
0.4.175 March 28, 2013
- Windows desktop icon improvements
0.4.174 March 26, 2013
- Lots (and lots) of UI improvements on the web interface. Updates to shared folder pages, new admin pages, improved dialogs, etc.
0.4.173 March 22, 2013
- Clarify language in aerofs-cli and aerofs-sh output.
- AeroFS on Windows no longer installs Java or requires Java to be installed on the system
- Linux deb package now depends on java6-runtime, not default-jre
- Performance improvements for shared folders
0.4.170 March 14, 2013
- Add ability to toggle filesystem access for Team Server data
- Web Interface: Remote unlink and erase added added for Team Servers
- Web Interface: UI improvements
- Performance improvements for when a client is unlinked and reinstalled
0.4.169 March 13, 2013
- Web Interface: Layout improvements
- Performance improvements for devices pre-populated with files.
0.4.167 March 6, 2013
- Minor UI improvements during setup
0.4.165 March 1, 2013
- Web Interface: Users can now see devices that have previously been set up
- Web Interface: Users can now change and update device names
0.4.163 Feb 27, 2013
- Minor performance improvements
- Web Interface: Users can list the users that have been invited to a shared folder
- Web Interface: Admins can kick invited users out of a team
- Web Interface: Minor UI improvements
0.4.161 Feb 21, 2013
- Minor performance improvements
0.4.156 Feb 14, 2013
- Happy Valentines Day!
- Minor improvements
0.4.155 Feb 13, 2013
- Update SSL library to address CVE-2013-0169
0.4.153 Feb 11, 2013
- Improvements to web interface
0.4.150 Feb 6, 2013
- Remove invitation limit
0.4.149 Feb 4, 2013
- Prevent re-download of shared folders on reinstall
0.4.147 Jan 29, 2013
- Improved web interface UI
- Improvements to network performance
0.4.144 Jan 25, 2013
- Added web interface for new account creation
- Removed new account creation from desktop client
- Support ZFS for both OSX and Linux
- Deleting a shared folder now causes the user to implicitly leave
0.4.142 Jan 17, 2013
- Improved defect report diagnostics
- UI improvements to web portal
0.4.140 Jan 15, 2013
- Added web interface for joining shared folders
- Send email to alert user when a new device is installed
- Simplified menu for shared folders
0.4.130 Dec 11, 2012
- Small performance improvements
- Usability improvements to aerofs-sh interactive sessions
0.4.124 Nov 30, 2012
- Use dolphin as the file browser in KDE (linux)
0.4.122 Nov 29, 2012
- Added aerofs-sh commands for conflict resolution
- Improved interactive shell for aerofs-sh
0.4.118 Nov 21, 2012
- Cosmetic changes in the AeroFS Finder Extension
- Cosmetic changes relating to Version History
0.4.115 Nov 15, 2012
- New Feature: Conflict Files display a yellow icon overlay and can be resolved through the context menu in AeroFS (either through the taskbar, or by right clicking on the file)
0.4.110 Nov 9, 2012
- Add unicode support for Windows paths in the shell extension
- Add VZFS support
0.4.105 Oct 31, 2012
- Enable password reset in Setup Dialog
0.4.99 Oct 23, 2012
- Improved user message on the "Apply Update" dialog
0.4.93 Oct 16, 2012
- Make sure Windows Explorer loads the newest version of the shell extension
0.4.89 Oct 12, 2012
- Improved networking stack connectivity
0.4.87 Oct 9, 2012
- Updated OpenSSL Library to 1.0.1c
- Released a post-install tutorial for Windows and OSX
0.4.72, Sep 12, 2012
- New feature: Version History dialog that supports browsing, opening, restoring previous file versions store on the local computer. It also supports recursive restoration of deleted files and folders. Available on all the OSes. Accessible through AeroFS tray menu > Version History.
0.4.66, Sep 7, 2012
- Linux: aerofs-installer.deb now depends on default-jre rather than openjdk-6-jre.
- Mac OSX Mountain Lion: the AeroFS app is now digitally signed.
- Minor GUI improvements.
0.4.61, Sep 5, 2012
- Use "aerofsd" instead of "java" as the process name for the AeroFS daemon: If you have a firewall program installed, and manually whitelisted java in the past, please whitelist "aerofsd" instead.
- Implement password reset. Now you can click the "reset password" link in the setup dialog, when "I already have an AeroFS account" is selected.
0.4.58, Aug 21, 2012
- Make the role argument in the "invite" shell command optional.
0.4.55, Aug 16, 2012
- New feature: pause syncing temporarily via AeroFS > Pause syncing for an hour.
- New feature: view and export version histories with aerofs-sh on Linux using commands "ls -h", "vh", and "export -h". See command usage for detail.
0.4.52, Aug 14, 2012
- Improve handling of name conflicts between files and parent directories on remote devices.
0.4.44, Aug 7, 2012
- Add a link to this Release Notes in the About dialog (that's this page!)
- Other small UI touchups.
0.4.43, Aug 3, 2012
- Minor UI improvements for sync activities on Windows.
0.4.41, Aug 3, 2012
- Log and display syncing activities. Available under AeroFS > Recent Activities.
0.4.40, Aug 2, 2012
- Highlight files in OSX Finder and Windows Explorer when the user clicks on file change notification bubbles.
- Added a dependency to Debian/Ubuntu packages that could have been missing on very minimal systems.
0.4.34, July 26, 2012
- Support bind-mounted filesystems and installation on btrfs subvolumes.
0.4.22, July 16, 2012
- Linux only: implement the ability to recover from OS event queue overflow due to lots of file changes in quick succession.
0.4.21, July 13, 2012
- The "Move" button on the Preferences page is now available for all the operating systems including Windows.
0.4.7, July 5, 2012
- Enable the "Move" button in the Preferences page that moves the AeroFS folder location. Available on Linux and OSX. Windows version is coming soon!
- On Linux, stop the daemon process when the aerofs-cli process is Ctrl-C'ed.
0.4.5, July 3, 2012
- Use high resolution fonts on Apple Retina Displays.
0.2.31, June 23, 2012
- Support using your own S3 credentials on headless Linux installs! (official announcement later on).
- Minor improvements on the backend and UI.
0.2.28, June 2012
- UI touchups.
0.2.26, June 2012
- The first release of AeroFS Beta! Details can be found here.