There are two ways to launch the AeroFS Appliance using Docker:
Method 1: For Linux Machines
If you are installing the Appliance on a Linux machine, use the
aerofs-docker.sh script to launch the Appliance. After approximately 15 minutes, it will print
Running on http://0.0.0.0:80
Once you point your Web browser to your machine's IP address, begin setting up your appliance.
Method 2: For Users with a Public Cloud Hosting Platform
The second is if you are using a public cloud hosting platform (i.e. Digital Ocean, AWS, Azure, etc.) running CoreOS. It allows you to deploy AeroFS in one cick and uses this cloud-config file. For example, if you are using Digital Ocean, set-up using these steps:
- Create a Droplet and give it a name.
- Select the CoreOS image of your choice.
- Paste the cloud-config file.
- Point your browser to the droplet's IP address to initalize the system
- Watch AeroFS get installed!
After installation, a web interface should be available at
which you can begin setting up your appliance.