To upgrade your AeroFS appliance and take advantage of the latest and greatest AeroFS features, please follow the steps outlined below. Please note that you need 10GB of free disk space. In the event the automatic upgrade fails, a backup file will automatically download. This backup file will be used in the manual upgrade process.
Upgrading the AeroFS Appliance
- Log into the Appliance Management Interface.
- Navigate to the Backup and Upgrade page by clicking the Backup and Upgrade
link under Settings.
- Click the Upgrade AeroFS button to start the upgrade.
- A confirmation dialog should appear. Click Upgrade.
- The following dialogs will report the progress of the upgrade until it completes.
Downloading the latest AeroFS version:
Backing up your AeroFS:
Switching your appliance to the latest version:
Appliance upgrade succeeded:
Applying Operating System UpgradesThe AeroFS Appliance uses the CoreOS operating system. OS-level updates are currently not applied via the in-place-upgrade flow and must be applied manually. Such updates are needed infrequently, but should be applied immediately when security vulnerabilities are discovered. To apply OS-level updates manually, follow these steps:
- Contact us to obtain access to the root shell of your AeroFS Appliance.
- At the root shell, run the following:
update_engine_client -updateNote that an "upgrade failed" is normal, and indicates that no upgrade is available at this time.
- Reboot your AeroFS appliance.